Many people are looking for small changes they can make to their homes to get a big impact. Those are fun projects, but today at Mission West Kitchen & Bath, we are going to do the opposite – we are going to talk about major projects that can have a major impact. Keep reading to learn about them, and remember that we offer a wide range of materials and appliances for your remodeling projects.
- Add Insulation This might not seem major, and it might not have a huge visual appeal, but trust us when we tell you that adding insulation to your home is a great way to transform it. How? You can transform it from a home that has much higher utility bills than it needs to into the greenest house on the block. Remember that one-third of the heat you lose in your home is lost through a lack of insulation.
- Take Down a Wall If you are one of the many, many people who love an open floor plan, you might find that simply removing a wall in your house gives you that open, spacious feeling you desire. Of course, you must be sure that you are not removing a support wall or that you are adding support beams if you are. Removing a wall can do more than create open spaces, too – it can add a ton of space to a bedroom or kitchen.
- Build a New Bathroom One of the absolute best ways to improve the overall value of your home is to add a new bathroom. Adding an additional bathroom makes the space much more functional and not only works well for you but can help interest buyers when it comes time to sell. We highly recommend that if you are going to add a bathroom to a home with more than one floor, that you make sure there are bathrooms on each floor.
- Create Your Dream Kitchen Imagine your dream kitchen. Hold nothing back and think about what your kitchen would look like if you had an unlimited budget. Then decide which options are must-haves and which ones are dreams. You might find that your dream options are actually more doable than you think. Even if you decide not to add any of them, you might as well start big.
- Install New Flooring You can choose to install flooring in a single room or add flooring throughout your home. We recommend installing hardwood floors that run through the home if you are looking for the highest return on investment. Of course, there is nothing wrong with simply choosing what you love.
If you need help with your kitchen design and materials, Mission West Kitchen & Bath is the company you need. Call us at (626) 799-3503 to let us help you find the right materials for your home.