If you are looking for ways to increase the value of your home while also improving your quality of life while there, we have some great ideas for you. Sure, you are likely to choose home improvement projects as they are required, but if one can offer a substantial return on investment then that project should move to the front of the list. Remember that Mission West Kitchen & Bath can help you with many of these projects. Just call us at (626) 799-3503 to learn more.
- Improve Your Home’s Landscaping You do not need to have a green thumb to improve your lawn. You can contact your local landscaping company and let them take care of it. This could involve a one-time visit or ongoing maintenance to keep it looking great for years to come. If you want to handle it yourself, start by getting rid of weeds. Remember that they are more than eyesores that can affect the curb appeal of your home – they can also damage the foundation of your home.
- Update Your Kitchen It doesn’t matter if you’re planning to move tomorrow or stay in your home for years to come, improving the way your kitchen can pay off big – both in money and in the enjoyment you get from your home. As you plan your kitchen remodel, remember that it can be as affordable or as expensive as you want. You can make major changes, a few cosmetic options, or anything in between. Remember as well that Mission West Kitchen & Bath offers a curated selection of incredible pieces from a variety of vendors.
- Find Ways to Add Storage Adding extra storage can be helpful for you and can be a big drawing point to any potential buyers down the road. This could mean enlarging your closets or adding shelves to a closet that is too narrow to hang things in. If you want a significant increase in value, consider finding a way to add a walk-in closet to the master bathroom.
- Upgrade Your Bathroom If it is time to renovate your bathroom then you should keep in mind the ways in which you can do so and increase the value of your home. If you plan to sell in the near future then you likely want to stick with a neutral color palette. If there is carpet in your bathroom, remove it and replace it with a surface that is better able to stand up to the moisture that occurs in bathrooms.
- Make Your Home More Energy Efficient When new buyers are surveyed, they often list energy efficiency as one of the top things they are concerned with. This could mean installing a low flow toilet, installing ENERGY star appliances, or even adding solar panels. Anything you can do to impact the energy efficiency in your home (in a positive way) is likely to pay off.
Remember that at Mission West Kitchen & Bath we can help you find all the materials you need for upgrades to your home. Call us at (626) 799-3503 or visit us today to find out more.